From: Robert McGwier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 7:28 AM
To: Ken Klein
Cc: 'Reflector Flex-Radio'
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] CPU Percentage question

Just be advised that free is not without cost.  You will have to do
regular scans MANUALLY as they do not schedule them unless you pay (at
least the last time I bothered to look at the instructions!).  Avast
does work beautifully and they are as quick as any I have used on
getting new wild virus,  email bombs, etc. into the program.

Bob

Ken Klein wrote:
> Jeff;
>
> I might have missed seeing someone suggest this, but I had a similar
problem
> that turned out to be an overactive virus detection program.  I
uninstalled
> Symantec and installed the free Avast!.  Voila, vastly reduced "periodic"
> high cpu rates.  Besides being free, it's a very good program.
>
> Ken WR5H

"Taking fun as simply fun and earnestness in earnest shows
how thoroughly thou none of the two discernest." - Piet Hine