From: Tom Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mark Gang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 5:14:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Need Help Testing an SDR-1000 Carlsbad, CA

Mark,

You may have already tried this, but if you haven't, connect your SDR to
a dummy load and then to the antenna and determine what the increase in
noise is.  Do the same for the FT-1000MP and see if the relative
increase is the same.  Also,  if you have an antenna tuner, preferably a
High Pass T, try tuning up on a higher band and see if that reduces the
noise.  It might be an intermod problem with some strong AM broadcast.

I hope this is helpful.  73   Tom   W0IVJ