Hi Steve,

On the front Console panel select CUSTOM and that will un-grey the
options on SETUP --> DSP --> AGC settings.
AGC (PDF page 95-96 of the 1.8.0 manual)
The settings control the AGC Custom setting on the front panel.
Slope (dB): Slope changes the rate at which gain increases with
decreased signal. If you have the Slope set to 10 dB and the signal
gets weaker by 1 dB, the gain will be increase by 10 dB. The
increase is still limited by max gain. This provides different decay
action in the AGC. Attack is unaffected. 0dB is default, 10 dB is
maximum.

Max/Neg Gain (dB): The maximum (or minimum) amount of gain the
system is allowed to apply. When receiving (AGC), this can be used
to minimize ambient noise that may cause listening fatigue.

Attack (ms): This sets the time constant for the attack for the AGC.
Note that in order for this and the two controls below it to be
enabled, the AGC control on the front panel must be set to Custom.

Decay (ms): This sets the time constant for the decay for the AGC.
When a signal gets weaker, this determines how quickly the AGC will
respond to the need for increased gain.

Hang (ms): To keep the AGC system from doing too much up/down, an
adjustable hang time is provided. After this time has expired, the
Decay will then determine how quickly the AGC gain recovers.

Hang Threshold: The hang will NOT occur if the signal is weaker than
this threshold.

Fixed Gain: When you choose Fixed AGC on the front panel, this
number is used to amplify the signal.

--
Flex-Radio Customer Support
(1-512-250-8595)