I recently acquired a USB Interface cable from another Flexer and am
having some problems with my SDR-1000 when using it and want to make
sure it isn't some cockpit error or something (I don't think there is
any problem with the USB Interface cable). My SDR-1000 (early 1W 3 board
stack with RFE and case added) has been working well with an PCI add-on
parallel port adaptor. I installed the USB driver from the Flex-Radio
web download page and selected the USB adaptor checkbox in setup. At
first, things worked well - then I switched the preamp settings and the
noise floor dropped way down and all signals disappeared.  Changing the
preamp to various settings had little effect. I then turned the PowerSDR
console off and on several times and finally normal operation was
restored. Subsequent changes to the preamp setting worked normally and
did not result in this same behavior. Listened to various bands for a
while and decided to try transmitting. Plugged my UB802 preamp in and
PowerSDR reported that the USB connection was gone. I exited PowerSDR
console and then noticed a dialog box that stated that the USB interface
had been disabled (box came up under the PowerSDR console). Decided to
reboot my computer in case something was messed up in the USB
connection. When the PC was back up, started PowerSDR again (after power
cycling the SDR-1000). Went into Setup and checked USB Interface box
again. Turned on PowerSDR, no signals on the panadaptor and now the
noise floor is at -65 dBm (normally was around -120 for the band I was
on)! I can hear relays clicking when I go from Standby to On in PowerSDR
but no impact on display. Exited PowerSDR and restarted. Now it is
working fine again...

Any ideas?

    73,
         Kurt KC9FOL