The recent threads regarding fluctuations in the noise floor, and changes in
the sensitivity of the radio reminds me of a condition that has plagued some
of the early manufacturered SDR1000's (including mine). There is a simple
fix that works. This has been described in prior threads on the reflector.

A similar discussion on the reflector was this thread:
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/pipermail/flexradio_flex-radio.biz/2006-December/011936.html

My suggestion to Dave was based on a similar problem identified quite some
time ago:
"Take a look at these links:
http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio@flex-radio.biz/msg08373.html
http://flex-radio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1069

If your SDR goes intermittently deaf, and is reset by a soft off/on, it may
be this problem described above. This developed on my SDR after about two
years.

Soldering the jumpers remedied the problem."

My suggestion to those experiencing intermittent fluctuations in the noise
floor and wild changes in sensitivity perform the jumper soldering solution
described in the archieves.

73
KC2LFI
Craig