Hi Jeff
 
I am not sure, why not fire up the invertor (use some accus 
in series if neccesery in place of the solar cells) and listen
what happens. (use feedcables same length and position
as you would use with the panels).
 
I do not know what the input voltage of your inverter is,
Use fuses.
 
I will forward the question to a friend of me who used to 
develop solar energy systems, If he has some good advice
I will forward it to this list
 
73
 
groeten Peter
petervn(a)hetnet.nl <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ; pa0pvn(a)hetnet.nl 
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   ;
pa0pvn(a)gmail.com ; pa0pvn(a)amsat.org .
 

________________________________

Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] namens Jeff Anderson
Verzonden: vr 9-3-2007 15:15
Aan: Reflector Flex-Radio
Onderwerp: [Flexradio] Solar power Inverter EMI



Do any hams on the list used their Flex (or any other radio, for that
matter) on a system with Solar power?  I'm thinking of adding solar power to
my shack (which was, in a previous life, a detached garage), and another
Flex owner is considering the same thing,  but we are both worried about
potential EMI from the inverter (which converts the solar panels' DC to AC)
wiping out the ham bands.

Any experience or suggestions out there?  One of the inverters is
manufactured by a German company (Fronius), but we've been unable to find
any information regarding its emi.

Thanks!

- Jeff, K6JCA
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 1868 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : 
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/pipermail/flexradio_flex-radio.biz/attachments/20070309/6607b980/attachment.bin
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/pipermail/flexradio_flex-radio.biz/attachments/20070309/87b2fe10/attachment.html
 
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to