Larry:

I've had the same problem for some time now and I don't think it is a
hardware (computer) or configuration issue.  The reason I say this is
that when I switch to the K6JCA console or the official release 1.6.2
console it goes away.  The CPU utilization is about the same regardless
of which console I'm using but the popping shows up only on the later
versions of the software.  I've looked at the settings on the K6JCA
console and on the latest SVN version and made sure they were the same,
so the problem isn't related to to the way the buffers (or anything
else) are configured.  So if none of the KB articles provide you with
any joy, you might try dropping back to one of these other software
versions.  When they release version 2 of PowerSDR if the problem is
still there, I'll probably have to address it, but for now, I simply K6JCA.

John W2FS