Flexers if you should happen to have an Orion and want a panadaptor that
really works with it I suggest you use your SDR.  It hooks up easily to
the Orion by pulling the interior plug that goes to the scan preamp and
running it out to the input of your SDR.  Tune your SDR to approximately
9mhz.  The actual frequency is a function of the sideband/mode your using
but easily set and put into memory for later use.  NOTE:  If you would
still like to receive on the SDR you can do this nicely and tune with the
Orion and xmit on the Orion.  Be mindful that because of the conversion
scheme in the Orion lower sideband must be set to upper on the SDR and
viceversa for upper sideband.
Since I have not been able to resolve the xmit issues with my SDR this has
been more than a satisfactory (albeit expensive) end result for me.  You
have to try this to believe how nice it is.  Better front end with roofing
filters and the other good options the Orion provides.(not true if rxing
on the SDR though as the panadaptor take off must be ahead of the roofing
filters in order to see all of the band.  A real limitation to the SDR
front end IMD.)
REMEMBER TO PUT YOU SDR IN RECEIVE MODE ONLY SO AS NOT TO ACCIDENTALLY
DESTROY YOUR ORION.  Any questions please e-mail me direct and I will be
happy to give you more details/answer questions

Clyde
W8EGB

PS: I suspect this would work with other rigs as well that have low enough
front end conversion freq. that the SDR can tune to!!