Mike, I try to get on at the evening grayline time here which is 5 hours difference between you and I.
that would be between 11pm to 12 pm your time right now. Do you stay up late? Would like to try an SDR to SDR contact with you outside of a contest. Usually hear ZS6CCY coming thru at this time. Stan AH6JR On Sunday 25 March 2007 2:37 pm, you wrote: > Stan, Your signal was strong to S9. Your audio was good contest audio - > punchy. I heard you for several hours both mornings. There were very few > other signals coming from the west. No VK/ZL today. I was surprised to > hear the RW9 coming throught from the southwest. So, your rig/antenna was > working nicely. > > I am using the sdr-1000 with a four square vertical array. Not far from > the salt water here in south Texas. Very good rf location, but also very > good qrn location. hi > > I will be listening for you. Good luck with the contest results and with > your sdr. > > 73, Mike K5NU > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "ah6jr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > To: "k5nu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:37 PM > Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Problem > > > Mike, I ran the SDR-1000 for the whole contest. > > Did a good job until the chinese turned on the radar range (microwave > > oven > > > > :)) > > > > As with most radios it pressents a severe handicap to the user. > > > > I had no problem pulling out the weak stations on 75, the SDR receiver > > did an outstanding job. > > > > I ran 1KW into a one of a kind Force 12 Vertical antenna, looks similar > > to the > > Sigma 80 they sell and requires no ground radials. > > > > I was able to hold whatever frequency I was calling on and that tells me > > my > > antenna was working. > > > > My logging program N1MM and I used the voice keyer. > > > > I picked up some new ones on 75, D44 and EA8 plus a few others like VR4. > > Can you tell me how my SDR transmitted audio sounded? > > > > Also how strong was my signal? > > > > I got over 300 contacts and over 350,000 points. Now that might not seem > > like > > a lot, but consider this, keep in mind 75 meter propagation on the > > mainland, > > if you go east coast to west coast thats 3,000 mlies, out here in Hawaii, > > if > > you draw a circle with a radius of 2,500 miles you hit almost nothing. > > On the mainland you would do the same thing and say from Texas you would > > hit > > both coasts, Canada, Central America, Carribean, maybe nothern South > > America > > maybe part of Africa not sure how far Europe is from there. But maybe you > > can > > see the challenge we face out here. Its all DX from here and in a contest > > we > > really do have a handicap. > > > > Theres alot of empty ocean out here until you get to 2,700 miles or so. > > > > Stan > > AH6JR > > > > On Sunday 25 March 2007 5:48 am, you wrote: > >> Stan, Yep that was you that I worked. I was running about 20 w. > >> Afterward, I had no power out. After typing my email to the reflector, > >> I picked up the front of the case and let it drop lightly back to the > >> shelf. > >> Now I have power out. I think it is a t/r relay contact thing. Very > >> aggravating. However, I switched to an icom and worked RW9USA via > >> longpath > >> on 3796. > >> Hope you did well. Your sigs were quite good on 75 both mornings. > >> > >> 73, Mike K5NU > >> ----- Original Message ----- > >> From: "ah6jr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > >> To: <[email protected]> > >> Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:44 AM > >> Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Porblem > >> > >> > On Sunday 25 March 2007 5:04 am, k5nu wrote: > >> >> Fellow Flexers, > >> >> > >> >> Before I do anything, I thought I would get some input if you would. > >> >> This > >> >> morning after working an AH6 on 80 m, > >> > > >> > was that me you worked? > >> > you're in the log here, chinese radar is currently destroying 75 > >> > meters. > >> > > >> > AH6JR > >> > Stan > >> > > >> > on the next attempt at a qso, I have > >> > > >> >> zero power output, zero power at TUNE. The PowerSDR seems very > >> >> normal in every other way. I have audio, I peak zero on the MIC > >> >> meter. Just zero power out. Receive and all other transmit > >> >> functions seem normal. > >> >> > >> >> Where or at what would you look first? I have checked all setup and > >> >> all > >> >> seems normal. I have rerun the wizard. Still no power out. > >> >> > >> >> Thanks for any input. > >> >> > >> >> 73, Mike K5NU > >> >> -------------- next part -------------- > >> >> An HTML attachment was scrubbed... > >> >> URL: > >> >> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/pipermail/flexradio_flex-radio.biz/attachm > >> >>ent s/2 0070325/91813750/attachment.html > >> >> _______________________________________________ > >> >> FlexRadio mailing list > >> >> [email protected] > >> >> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz > >> >> Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/ > >> >> FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/ > >> >> > >> >> FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/ > >> > > >> > _______________________________________________ > >> > FlexRadio mailing list > >> > [email protected] > >> > http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz > >> > Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/ > >> > FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/ > >> > > >> > FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/ _______________________________________________ FlexRadio mailing list [email protected] http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/ FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/ FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/

