Maarten wrote:
> Could the sampling of the Noise Blanker be done with another Sub RX? You
> could park the Noise Blanker sampling Sub RX in a quiet section of the band.
>
> -

Yes.   In the new code being developed for dttsp,  we are going to be
training the code for the impulse response of the radio (I am working on
that algorithm hours per day).  This will be used in several different
ways but one of them is to provide for impulse noise SUBTRACTION not
just blanking.  The subtraction is a linear process and will not disturb
the signal of interest as much if the impulse is determined correctly
and the detection algorithm is tuned properly.

Bob

--
Robert W. McGwier, Ph.D.
Center for Communications Research