About a year ago we had a talk with the Microsoft reps, we have a
corporate license for XP and several other products, the outcome was
that Microsoft has no problem with downgrading a license to a older product.

In our case we needed a version of the software no longer for sale,
we purchased the new version and installed the old version instead.
That includes the OS, so we could buy a copy of XP but install Win98
instead, they are very happy to get your money.

At 01:31 PM 4/12/2007, you wrote:
>At 08:03 AM 4/12/2007, Philip Covington wrote:
> >Please see:
> >
> ><http://apcmag.com/5835/vendors_in_no_rush_to_ditch_xp_for_vista>
> >
> >How does this affect Flex Radio's decision to supply the SDR-5000C
> >with Windows XP?  It looks like XP will not be available before the
> >SDR-5000C even hits the streets.
>
>I believe that the article is incorrect, or at least, misleading..
>
>MS has committed to supporting XP for quite some time into the future.
>It will also be available as a retail offering for some time.
>
>What they ARE doing is pushing their larger OEMs to use only vista.
>
>Consider, for instance, large businesses with thousands of desktops..
>they're not moving away from XP any time soon, and they still need to
>replace dead computers... A typical Fortune 500 company might have
>20,000 PCs, all running the same OS.  They have literally hundreds of
>computers die every month for one reason or another, and the replacements..
>
>Granted, they often have a site license, and are essentially loading
>the image themselves...
>Jim, W6RMK

Cecil
K5NWA
www.qrpradio.com www.hpsdr.com

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.
(When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!)