Brian:

What is happening is MixW is changing the radio's mode from DigU  to USB
and you have VAC enable in digital modes checked in your setup box.
This is VERY aggravating.  We need Bob to make a change to CAT:  If we
are in DigU and we are told to go to USB,  we lie and say we did and we
report we are in USB.

Bob
N4HY

Brian Kassel wrote:
> Folks:
>
>     Several folks suggested that I simply upgrade MixW. That totally
> fixed the problem.  By simply upgrading to the very latest Version 2.18
> (there are several 2.18 versions), the problem went away completely. I
> did not attempt  yet to upgrade the VCOM or the  VAC.  So, for the
> record and the Archives, if one is running Power SDR 1.8.0, one must
> upgrade MixW to the 2.18 (February 19 2007) version.  So far, like
> others mentioned, this MixW version seems completely stable.   What had
> me going was that the original version  of MixW (2.16b7 Oct. 18 2005)
> worked just fine on all of my other radios, but not with Power SDR 1.8.0.
>
>     There seems to be one interesting new "feature".  If Power SDR is
> running, and MixW is not, loading MixW removes the check mark in the VAC
> setup screen of Power SDR!  It does this every time.  The fix is to
> simply open the Power SDR set up screen and check the "Enable VAC"
> option again.   No big deal, but something that the programmers might
> want to address at some point.  I have only ever seen this with the MixW
> 2.18 (February 19 2007) version.
>
> Thanks for everyone's  help
>
> Brian K7RE

Robert W. McGwier, Ph.D.