Hello,

>I finally tried hooking a microphone up to my new EDIROL FA-66
>soundcard.   I followed the suggestions in the quick start guide in the
>KB.
>I connected a mic with a 1/8 mono plug to a 1/4 in TS adapter plug
>and put it into input #1
>on the FA-66 but got no output.   I next tried recording an audio
>signal from the mic to
>Audacity but could get nothing through the EDIROL.   I can get an audio
>signal
>from the mic to the laptop soundcard and then to Audacity.   I also
>tried the mic
>on my Heil headset but still no luck through the EDIROL.
>
>Do I need to use a balanced XLR audio plug?    Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Everett, KG6RYB

What is your SENS setting? I run a Shure SM57 dynamic mic via a standard
XLR cable to Input 1, and have great results. I have to set the SENS
(just left of the mic input) to ~90% of fullscale to just get the Limit
LED to occaisionally flash.
I have not tried with other microphones, although I have several here. I
can dig up some adaptors and try them out, if that would help.

73  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale AZ  DM43an
160m > 10Gigs