Marty,

Referring to your statement, "I am a new owner of an SDR-1000 and find
that either Flex has some sort of brilliant marketing scheme (that I
can't figure out) or have made a huge mistake in notifying the masses
before the product is ready." I have a few comments I'd like to share.

There is no "brilliant marketing scheme" involved; the FELX-5000 will
stand on its own merits.

Also, for your information, FlexRadio didn't notify the masses.  The
release of information about the FLEX-5000 was premature due to a select
few people getting early copy of the May QST article which contained the
advertisement for it.  The official introduction was not planned for
until this week.

Since FlexRadio has been inundated with questions regarding the
FLEX-5000, they are a few days behind getting information formalized for
public consumption.  There have been over 5000 downloads of the
advertisement and numerous calls to sales.  This was the reason the FAQ
was started so that the most important questions could be answered first
and made available to the public.

In coming days there will be more information made publicly available,
but it has to be 100% correct.  No ambiguity.  Copy is being proofed and
approved as this is being written, but it does not have the highest
priority at this moment. Finalizing the radio's performance testing has
taken precedence.

The guys have been really hard at work seven days a week getting the
FLEX-5000 ready for "prime time" with a compressed schedule.

Please be patient.  Cut them some slack. I believe everyone will be very
pleasantly surprised if not overwhelmed by the fruits of their labor.

I will continue to provide any info I have at my disposal ASAP and
notify the Flex community via the Reflector.

-Tim
-----
FRS KB Administrator