On 20/04/07, Hulen Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> harder with a measure of safety, it is also very sensitive to low rf levels.
> Is there anyone who has figured out a way to completely eliminate this low
> level of rf from the SDR-1000 when no modulation is present? It's almost
> like a balanced modulator in an unbalanced condition. Yea yea yea, I

Hulen,
I have noticed that. My guess is that the "carrier leakage" may come
due to any internal hardware unbalance of the QSE circuit (sampling
pulse width, internal Ron resistance, circuit capacitance,
transformer, etc. and their combinations) that cannot be completely
cancelled by the software. The power dependence seems to indicate some
thermal influence to the sampling switch.

Because I use my SDR-1000s more for receiving rather than
transmitting, the minor leakage doesn't disturb me. So I did not want
to add any balancing components.

Any other opinions, suggestions and/or findings?

73, Ahti OH2RZ