Hi Farrell,

When you say that the receive on the SDR-1000
is poor what are you referring to?  Selectivity?
Sensitivity?  Tuning?

If it is sensitivity, Gerald's suggestion of
increasing the RF gain control above 100 should
give you more than enough sensitivity.

What version of PowerSDR are you running?

Mike - AA8K