"Are the files from that bbs still available?"

Bruce,

The short answer is "not readily available".

Here is the long answer.

We have archived and stored the old forum's database on portable media
and plan to make it available sometime in the future.

Activity on the old forums had essentially ceased when the reflector was
brought on line.  The decision was made by FlexRadio to change to a set
of integrated products for information management; namely the Knowledge
Base (KB). The KB has a companion product which is a forum and we
changed to that product with the intent that forum threads could be
easily converted to KB articles.  This inter-product integration was
supposed to be available several months ago, but the release date has
slipped significantly.

Unfortunately the old forums database structure was not compatible with
the new forums that are currently in use.  The forums software developer
has promised a conversion utility with the next major upgrade of the
forums that will allow us (hopefully) to restore all of the old forum's
articles in their entirety.  To date there is not an ETA for that
upgrade.

If for some reason we are not able to import the old forum's data into
the current forums, we have discussed plans to provide the information
in a read-only format.

That project is not high on the priority list (actually, you are only
the second person who has inquired about them in the past 10 months).
Since all of the information management work for FlexRadio is performed
by volunteers pro bono, (this keeps the cost of the radios down due to
reduced overhead) we want to make sure that what we do work on is (1)
specifically requested by FlexRadio and (2) will provide the most value
to the users of FlexRadio products.

While this isn't the answer you really wanted to hear, we do recognize
the value of the information in the old forums (and a bit of SDR history
as well) and do plan to make it available sometime in the future.

-Tim, W4TME
----
FRS KB Administrator