I run a GeForce 7300gt

its a older card now..(cheaper now :-( ....)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125036

its a pci express card.. 256 MB or ddr2 memory  has the standard sub d
connector as well as the DVI-I digital connector with HDTV /tv output..

  I normally run the P-SDR on 1 screen and logging/ digi stuff on the
other screen..

I also play several first person shooter games and it works quite well
on all that i have tried.. cod2, hl2, css.

for decent gaming u will want to find a card that will support the
latest DX9.0C  and the Pixel Shader3.0 and Vertex Shader3.0

i don't know if there is any need to worry about DX10 yet?

Ray J
W9RAY