Bob is correct that we cannot effectively track unreleased code issues on
the reflector.

The second reason for requesting that these issues go to the bug tracker is
that the SVN version is ALPHA CODE.  That means that it is almost guaranteed
to have bugs.  This will be true 10 years from now if all goes well and we
all have not run out of good ideas.

Most companies do not give access to alpha code as we do.  Most companies
even limit beta code to a small cadre of trusted customers.  Virtually all
other companies in our business do not publish source code.

Publishing SVN ALPHA related bugs on the reflector almost always confuses
newcomers, who do not yet understand the difference between officially
released code and alpha development code on the SVN.  We make this alpha
code available as a benefit to our customers who want to play with the
latest and greatest.  I guarantee you that we will break stuff on the SVN
many times that may be working just fine on the official release.  That is
the nature of alpha.  If someone is not comfortable with alpha code, they
should stay with the official release.

We won't prevent anyone from posting SVN comments here but we sincerely
request that everyone use the bug tracking system as their primary means of
communicating those issues.  This is a courtesy to our development team and
to those who might not understand the nature of alpha code.

Thanks for your understanding,
Gerald

Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR
President