Steve,

Probably the most important thing you can do to reduce glitching in the
FA-66 is to drop the buffer sizes to minimum (all of them) in the FA-66
Control Panel (found in the Windows Control Panel).  Beyond that, it is a
matter of CPU speed, FireWire card quality, and PowerSDR buffer size and
process priority  settings.  The CPU and FireWire card you specified should
be fine.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems