-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of jim davis
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:32 PM
To: FireBrick
Cc: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] question on split operation

On Sun, 13 May 2007 15:50:43 -0500
  "FireBrick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I purchased a sdr1000 as I'm mainly a dxer (cw variety).
> (a deaf dxer, both hearing loss and poor antennas/location)
>
> This morning on 17 I needed to listen on 18087.7 and xmit on 18088.2
>
> On my yaesu, I could hit one button which would activate the 'split'
> operation and automatically place my xmit freq 5 kc higher.
>>From there a quick twist of the vfo b know would be in the ball park.
>
> Using the panoramic display, I could easily see the frequency I needed to
> xmit on.
>
> As I also like to listen on my xmit frequency I needed vfo B to be active.
>
> so....my question is....
>
> How can I program it...so when I click on the Split button, It activates
the
> vfo b up 5kc and also puts a perscribed cw passband and xmit signal on the

> desired frequency.
>
> I know about the right/click to position vfo b.
>
> What I would like is a one click button that would enable vfo b, with a
> passband of my choosing, and position it x kc up.
> Actually I'd like a button for 1 kc, 5 kc (common for cw dx) and 5 to 10
up
> (common in SSB DXpeditions) but I'll settle for 1 preprogramed split
button
> and adjust the vfo b manualy like I do on the nuts&bolts radios.
>
> This wheel probably has already been invented, I just can't find it in the

> operating manual...

> Too much of a good thing can be taxing. Mae West

OH SHAME ON YOU BILL!!!

YOU MENTIONED ANOTHER BRAND OF RADIO OUT HERE ON THE "KNUCKLE-HEAD
SYSTEM/REFLECTOR" (FlexRadio)
namely YAESU!!! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT ACCORDING TO THE "BOYZ!!!"

Hope u get a mature answer instead of a bunch of "IMMATURE BS!!!"

Jim/nn6ee