I am having a problem installing N8VB vCOM and VAC4.04.

I am following the instructions from KM0T. I install vCOM and VAC without any
problem.

When I go into Setup of PowerSDR the system crashes and I get a form of "blue
screen of death" telling me amongst other things that:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have tried various combinations of pairs of ports but same outcome. E.G. I
used the pairs 14/24 and 15/25 to make sure I wasn't clashing with any others.

I suspect that the problem relates to other software clashes. I am using the
USB-Parallel adaptor with the SDR 1000 and also a USB to serial converter to
COM 5 (for a GPS receiver) and a USB to serial converter to COM 6 (for PTT with
WSJT)

Computer is a Dell Dimension E521 with Duo core and 2Gb memory.

As usual with computer problems, I am presuming it is my stupidity, but would
value help and advice.

73

David, G4YTL