Doug,

I would like apologize for any inconvenience on service to your SDR-1000.
Usually, repairs are completed within 1-2 weeks but can sometimes take a
little longer, depending on backlog.

Let me also state that the information below about the FLEX-5000 taking
priority over SDR-1000 repairs is not accurate.  There have been no SDR-1000
repair resources being applied to FLEX-5000 production to date.  However,
SDR-1000 production resources are shared with SDR-1000 repair resources.  We
received a large number of SDR-1000 orders since Dayton that have produced a
bubble in our resource needs for the 1000.  This is probably what was being
referred to in your conversation.

Let me state publicly again, the SDR-1000 will be supported for years to
come.  You will see software features and improvements coming in the near
future that will apply to both radios.  We also plan to fully integrate
support for the Janus/Ozy sound card system for the SDR-1000 in the near
future.  We will receive no revenue from that effort but we plan to do it as
a service to our customers.  How many other radios continue to be improved
after they no longer produce revenue for the manufacturer?

73s,
Gerald

Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR
FlexRadio Systems