My radio computer is down at the moment, so can't do screen shots.
But the setup is really easy. In the vCom control panel I have only
the top row checked in the center box. On the left I have COM3, and
on the right COM13.

After setting that click UPDATE DRIVER at the bottom. That will open
a DOS box and activate your config. Then you can close the vCom
control panel.

In PowerSDR CAT setup select COM13

In Writelog port setup under COM3 select Kenwood rig.

That did it for me. Of course if you have something on COM3
substitute another port.

Hope this helps,
73,

Ed W2RF