Richard,

I have been running one in my car for 4 years, and it is almost
bullet proof..   If it goes overtemp,  too much swr,  low
voltage,  it will drop out to protect itself..    It will follow the
radio with just alittle amount of RF,  so external bandswitching is
not necessary..   It will sense the RF also, but I recommend keying
from the radio for the keying,  and don't worry about ALC,  you can't
over drive the amp,   if you go too high, it will automatically kick
in a attenuator to bring the RF back down...

I always used an extra battery next to the amp to keep the voltage up
with an external aux battery isolator like the one used in RVs..   As
a matter of fact,  why don't you use the motorhome's batteries to run
the amp??   It will need to be fused for 90 amps or you might want to
add one of those large capacitors that the Boom-Boom guys use when
they are using some of those large sub-amps.    I think that I saw a
1.5 Farad cap for $29 at Frys,  just be careful not to charge it and
touch the leads..

I don't think that you can go wrong with that amp...    I would do
the same if I had to do it over again..

It's heavy, but not as heavy as a AL-811 amp,  same footprint as a
TS-2000,  you can use a battery with a floating charger in the shack
(emergency powered?)  and a whole lot easier to remote..    Which is
another note,  to turn it on remotely,  you just send 12 volts to one
pin..  Works really slick..

All this is my option,  but as always, your mileage may vary..

73,
Dudley
WA5QPZ