Jim,

Yes - good point regarding the human factors stuff.

Excellent suggestion doing a MIDI / CAT interface.  I've done some PIC serial
interface work, and this might
be a good excuse to do some more development.  I've got a MIDI controller with
a bunch of slide pots and a
knob that is just collecting dust.

Mark
W8XR