  From: Al
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:43 PM
  Subject: [Flexradio] PA Settings

  Frank,
     I do not know if this is the same problem that I have seen, but I
  have filed a bug report for my situation ( ID # 1100 ).
    The problem as I see it is that when you change bands, the SDR-1000
  does not recalculate the TX gain for the new band  until you move the
  Drive slider.
    Thus if you where previously on a band with low PA gain ( the cal
  routine would put in more gain for that band )  and then switched to a
  band where the PA had higher gain, the software would still be using the
  gain calculation of the previous band and thus over drive.  Moving the
  drive control after the band change would cause the gain to be re
  calculated for the new band.

    Let me know if this is what  you see .

  AL, K0VM

PM