From: Ray Andrews [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 8:17 PM
To: 'Neal Campbell'; 'FlexRadio List'; Gerald Youngblood
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex 5000a flexwire plug

Gerald,

Are pins 2, 3, or 5 all used on the flexwire DB-9 connector?  If one of
those are not used, then I would suggest blocking one of those 3 pins.  At
my previous place of employment, we used DB-9 connectors with crimp-on pins
and only populated the housing with the pins we actually used, usually only
pins 2, 3, & 5.  Since all 3 of these pins are always used for an RS-232
serial cable, blocking one of them is the only sure-fire way of ensuring
that a serial cable is not plugged into the flexwire connector.

73, Ray, K9DUR