All,

I just uploaded SVN1355 that implements a lot of changes in the way the
serial data is buffered and how CAT KY commands are handled.  Serial
buffering is now done a in a large ring buffer and seems to work fine with
all the 3rd party programs I tried it with (DXLab, HRD, and N1MM).

The other change is in the coding to handle canned messages sent from DXLab
Winwarbler (or a text file as far as that's concerned).  The way the Kenwood
CAT command KY works leaves a lot to be desired; I overcame MOST of the
problems but one (that I know of!) still remains and may not have a
(reasonable) solution.

When sending long messages (more than 24 characters) you may get an extra
space occasionally.  This is random and has to do with how each series of KY
commands (remember, each KY can only handle 24 characters) is received into
the incoming buffer.  The extra space will always fall within a word.  An
example:  If you send "NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN TO COME TO THE AID
OF THEIR PARTY" it may be sent as:  "NOW IS THE TIME F OR ALL GOOD........".

The KS command is now funtional, you can set or read the cw speed of the CWX
module (only) by sending either KS; (returns the speed as KS025;) or set the
speed by sending KS030;.  I will update the CAT dictionary as soon as I can.

I've tested the KY command from 5 to 50 WPM and with messages up to 75
characters.

Now, it's your turn.  Let me know if you find any problems.

73,

Bob K5KDN