-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert McGwier
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 7:15 AM
To: Edwin Marzan
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] FLEX RADIO SUPPORT

I agree with this.  Gerald said this, and continues to say it.  He
proudly proclaims, with every right to, that the SDR-1000 number 1
continues to get new things with the software and that this is a
distinction from others.

He goes and looks at what is being done for the 5000 and regularly asks,

can this be applied  to the 1000 and what was we do to make that happen.

Flex provided official support of the softrock based on volunteer
efforts of Bill and others but brought together by Eric from Flex.  Flex

doesn't make a nickel on this.  Flex provides a complete demo mode based

of IF recordings so you can test drive before you buy (we need a
software robot to conduct QSO's in an upcoming version ..... ;-).

This was basically Gerald's pledge to those who took a risk when the
radio was a three board set novelty and then followed it as it became a
much more capable radio with a cabinet, amplifier, improved front end,
etc.  My SDR-1000 bears almost no resemblance in terms of capability to
the three board set I purchased in the first 100.

I think what Flex should do is charge the second owners of a radio a
support fee when $100 per hour folks help the new owners of the used
radios.  They can easily keep track of the new owners since they have
kept track of everyone who has purchased a radio.  This is my personal
OPINION.  I do not speak for Flex, only me.

73
Bob

Edwin Marzan wrote:
> Part of the package that was sold to us was the fact the radio is ever

> evolving. I'm sure Gerald and the folks took this into consideration
as part
> of their business plan. If anything I wish I was smart enough to write
the
> DSP code to make the radio do whatever I want. Maybe in the future
there
> will be a Visual Basic type of language that a regular joe like me can

> understand so that we all can contribute to the radio's feature set.
And
> that, my friend, with be worth a heck of a lot to the folks here.
>

> Edwin Marzan
> AB2VW
>

>> From: elan paim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
>> Subject: [Flexradio] FLEX RADIO SUPPORT
>> Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:59:22 +0100 (BST)
>>
>> this is NOT  monies donated
>>   it is about support the product software and hard wear
>>   this it will be good to pay member ship on the web of FLEXRADIO in
order
>> to support later development and like to be a member of the ARRL .
>>   SO PLEASE Gerlad can set it then in the web of FLEXRADIO  I HOPE WE
ALL