Edward J White wrote:
> Hi Gang:
> Once again I have to reach into the vast knowledge of the group for info.
> I have built up a new computer  for the FLEX-5000 with TWO HD one for XP the
> other for Ubuntu Linux.My plan is to have the computer ask what drive to go
> to XP or Ubuntu. (Question how do I set that up?) I also want to run duel
> monitors.
> Formatting the new HD for XP no problem but what about formatting the other
> HD for Ubuntu?
> I plan to put Ubuntu on latter  ( when I figure what I have to do to get it
> working) .
> All this is so I can run some of the WSJT on EME latter this year after I
> have time to see Joe's K1JT and his super WSJT set up.
> I am assuming that we are going to use XP for a long time and not the Vista.
> Any help will be great and thank you for supporting the SDR craze.
> Ed
> WA3BZT

Ed,

My experience is this. I set up the exact situation a while back. The
thing you need to watch out for is that XP wants to "own" all the
drives on your system. So you need to do one of two things. Either
load XP first and note which drive you want as you XP system drive,
then load linux.

Or disconnect the linux drive when you install XP. I am not sure
about Ubuntu, but I believe the install will as which drive you want
to use and format that one for you. (I used Fedora..Now I have an
Apple and run OS X and use remote desktop to the XP box for SDR.)

As far as dual boot goes, someone else will have to help you on that
as I did not use that feature in either system. I simple set my bios
to prompt for which drive I wanted to boot.

WA4CM
Chris

Chris Maukonen                       "It has been said that man is
Sr. Systems Programmer                a rational animal. All my life
University of Central Florida         I have been searching for evidence
Orlando, Fla.                         which could support this."
Work: (407) 823 5460                  Bertrand Russell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Provocative thinking and the American university seem never to have got
  on well together" -- V. L. Parrington