Hi Tom,

My guess would be that this is a real signal that just happened to
appear at the time you upgraded.  There are all sorts of ionospheric
probes that various organisations use, and what you are seeing may just
be one of those.  I see/hear them from time to time as well, not only
with SDR, but on my analogue radio too.

73, Greg, ZL3IX