-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ian Wade
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 11:24 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Problems with PowerSDR v1.10.2 on Dell XPS
M1210laptop

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Was PowerSDR ever running on the Dell XPS M1210laptop before?
>

>-Tim

Hi Tim,

This is the first attempt at running any radio software on the laptop,
in preparation for a Flex 5000 that I plan to order ....

The laptop software is virtually as is out of the box  -- I wanted to
start with as clean a machine as possible. The machine has hardly been
used since purchase, and has not been used as a testbed, so it should
not have any remnants of "strange" software in the registry. I have not
done any "clever" configuration. The only non-Microsoft programs
installed are the usual suspects: AVG (Free), Spybot S&D, Lavasoft
Adaware, Process Explorer, TextPad, Opera, Filezilla, Thunderbird,
Wireshark.

I should have said last time that I'm using the *internal* laptop A/D,
not an external converter (I don't propose to get an external A/D, as
the machine has built-in Firewire, hopefully ready for the Flex 5000).

The strange effects I reported are independent of whether or not the
SoftRock is plugged in to the Mic/Line-In socket.

Wireless is switched off.

Ian, G3NRW