m3pkr wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I was wondering if people find the F.M. quality somewhat lacking, is this due
> to software or is just me.
> SDR-1000 , Edirol FA-66, Aiwa powered speaker
>
> Barry
> M3PKR

Barry:

It is the software.  I need to revisit it after the major work is done
on getting the PowerSDR ready to accept new algorithms rather than
concentrating on bugs introduced by the new architecture.  We are
close.  This is high on my list.  On narrowband FM,  it needs a rewash
and it will get it.

The Flex5000 will be capable of using filter bypass and under sampling
with the front end to receiver FM radio stations (this will be helped by
a filter bandpass).  At 192 ksps,  it will have sufficient bandwidth to
handle the signals.  I wrote the GnuRadio stereo FM demodulator.  I will
be adding that along with the RDS as a new feature to use the Flex
5000.  BEFORE I COMMIT TO THIS IN POWERSDR, THERE ARE LEGAL
CONSIDERATIONS.  I don't want to do anything that causes Flex regulatory
problems, so we will consider the implications carefully and this is not
a commitment to add this to Flex just a statement of capability that
MIGHT be added.

Bob

--
Robert W. McGwier, Ph.D.