Sure, as long as you are transmitting around 60 Hz.

The big, iron transformer on the pole outside doesn't
pass much HF.  If you could couple to the primary
side, you might get a little.

I was Up Nort in the Michigan farmland and there was
a power line that ran through the fields on wooden
poles.  I had a roll of electric fence wire and some
\spare time, so I nailed it up on the poles for a
LONG way.  The adjacent farms were relatives.  I
connected to my Signal One and the noise was 20 over S-9.
I didn't even bother to transmit, because I would
never be able to hear an answer.  I'm lucky I
didn't blow out the front end with induced AC.

While there I also tried a Gotham Vertical on top
of the steel water well casing of a 117 foot well.
I thought that this was the best ground rod ever.
That worked as a great dummy load.  Tuned up fine,
never worked anybody on it.  Gotta have radials.

While I was at Michigan State U in the 1960's I
worked on our dorm's carrier-current AM station.
I think it was on 620 KHz.  We connected to an
outlet on the men's side of the six-story dorm,
but we had no signal on the women's side, as there
was a transformer in between.  I got to go down
into the steam tunnels to run a coax over to the
girl's side with a coupling capacitor.  We used a
Heathkit DX-60 as our transmitter!  The bandswitch
and tapped coil were removed and a long piece of
Air-Dux got the LC down to 0.6 MHz.  The circulating
current was so high that the plastic in the Air-Dux
coil started to melt and sag.  We put a fan on top
of the DX-60 blowing down, not so much to cool the
6146 final as to keep the coil cool!  Part of the
jock's start up sequence was to plug in the fan.
That DX-60 ran for years with 12 hour broadcasting
days.

Mike - AA8K