Guenter,

When VAC is enabled, the mic input is disconnected for the virtual
in/out of VAC,  so there is no need to worry about the laptop's mic
or audio output.    To monitor the transmitted audio signal, turn on
the Monitor and listen through your normal speakers or headset.

Vcom will take care of the transmit control and CAT commands.  For
example with MixW, OsinTnx Osin   or Hamscope.

Hope this helps.

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ