Hi folks.  New Flex-5000 user, and Just getting around to setting up the
digital modes, and need to draw on some of your experiences.  First, rig is
purely awesome!  Gerald and Team, well done.

I am not using VAC as my limited experience with it before the Flex is that
it tries to take over audio in/out and overall was a pain in the butt if you
did not use it all the time.  That's not the question anyway, but I do
wonder why the close association with VAC.   I have two soundcards
installed, and both receive Flex audio via a mixer (left main out)) and the
line-out of each sound card feeds a mixer port, and audio bound for the Flex
RCA line-in is supplied by the right channel out of the mixer.  This works
fine, and I have used it with my PRO III before in a similar manner.

I use Serial Splitter by Eltima as a one-to-many means of sharing COM ports,
and run DXLab, MixW, HRD and Writelog. So far, I have DXLab, HRD and MixW
working with the Flex and Kenwood 2000 CAT emulation.

When in a digital mode on the Flex, does the RX and TX Gains function for
non-VAC input and output of audio signals?  Also, on previous rigs one
always looked for no ALC movement when setting up audio levels.  In the Flex
manual I believe I saw somewhere to check ALC and to make sure 0 DB was not
exceeded.  Appreciate if someone could confirm this.

Next relates to duty-cycle and RTTY.  While I am sure this is available in
the documentation somewhere, I admit to being one of those that grabs the
manual as a last resort, and apologize in advance.   Tried to post this to
the Forums, but had trouble uploading.

Thanks and 73,

Harold Aaron KI4MF