At 09:06 AM 10/9/2007, Lee A Crocker wrote:
>If it was me I would have 14 watch receivers in the passband running
>as robots, one receiver for the run station and one RX for the S&P
>station.  I would have the robots automatically scan a given
>sub-band looking for stuff needed, by analyzing every signal in
>their little slice of spectrum in a sub band.  I'm a CW guy so it
>would require some means of artificial analysis of CW signals like a
>neural net or AI.  If something showed up that was needed the robot
>would inform the S&P op and would take that op to the correct freq
>to work the station.  The S&P op could be doing a second run in the
>mean time while he was waiting for the robots to inform him of
>S&P.   If you had more watch receivers you could probably have both
>ops timeshare S&P with run on seperate bands..  That might require a
>second transmitter  SDR-X here we come

Well heck.. why not have the AI robot just do the QSO...
how hard can it be to send

TNX UR 59 QRZ?

<grin>
But seriously, it's only a matter of time before someone does build a
contesting robot.  The computing horsepower is available, it's just a
matter of desire and skills coming together, just instead of the
skill being digging out the CW and good operating skills with timing,
it will be coding the AI.

Jim, W6RMK