-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ray Andrews, K9DUR
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 4:03 PM
To: 'Gerald Youngblood'; 'Bob Tracy'; 'Dave Blaschke';
FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Band data output from SDR-5000

Gerald,

If TX1-TX3 can be set to become a binary output for band-decoding, how would
you key an external device such as an amp.  If TX1-TX3 are sending out a
binary code for antenna switching or other band-encoded function, then they
would have to be in that state during both TX & RX, and therefore could not
be used to tell an amp or other device when XCVR is in transmit.  Bottom
line:  TX1-TX3 can be used for TX control of an external device or for band
information, but not both at the same time.

I think the best solution is the FlexWire version of the UCB.

73, Ray, K9DUR