Rob,

I have an SDR-100 as well which I use primarily for SWL'ing.  I've been
aggravated by the "DC Hump" as well and like you am wondering what can
be done about it.  I also have an SDR-IQ which isn't quite as sensitive
as the SDR-1000 but works quite well and has no sign on the hump.  I
know that the SDR-IQ doesn't use a sound card and instead has the I_Q
demodulator and decimator on board so perhaps that's why it doesn't have
any hump, but it seems like this is a design defect with t he SDR-1000
that could be solved with a little effort.

Rob (coincidence!)