-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Kallal
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:51 PM
To: 'FlexRadio'
Subject: [Flexradio] Heil GM-4 and FLEX-5000A

I have a 5000A in route and am thinking about the inter-connections before
it arrives.

Julius, W2IHY, made up a cable for me to connect my Heil GM-4 boom mike to
the SDR-1000. It included a 1/4 inch plug that plugs directly into the
Presonus Firebox or the FA-66. Are those connections considered balanced or
unbalanced? Is the GM-4 a balanced mike?

The ideal would be to plug the 1/4 inch plug into the rear of the 5000A. I
just did a ring out of the W2IHY cable with an ohm meter and discovered that
the ring connection on the plug is not connected. I guess that means I need
to wire the cable up to the front panel mike connector. If the GM-4 is a
balanced mike, which I am unsure, then it might be possible to rewire the
1/4 inch plug to accommodate a balanced connection.

Does anyone have experience with the GM-4?

73,

Steve N6VL