I just installed a copy of Mac's new OS Leopard.  Using Boot Camp I setup XP
Pro to work the Flex 5000.   I discovered I could NOT get the driver to talk to
the radio.   I then decided to try Vista Premium in place of XP Pro and it
seems to work fine with the 5000 under Leopard's Boot Camp.   It is possible
that my XP Pro install was faulty in some way.  In checking the 1394 IRQ
assignments I noted that there are 2 devices assigned to the same IRQ in the
device manager of Xp Pro (at #19) . In the case of Vista it would seem that the
1394 firewire port is the only device assigned to interrupt # 19.  On the other
hand XP PRO running on a PC also has two devices assigned to interrupt 19 and
it , as we know, has no trouble with the 5000. I am ONLY mentioning this to
ease the suffering of someone else who MAY encounter the same result with
Leopard.  Again, my original install of XP Pro in leopard may simply have been
faulty. I will gather my energy ASAP and do a second XP Pro install to verify
if the case I found is universally truly there.