Eric:

I think you are right about the reason for the multiple connection
sounds: yesterday inadvertently I did a right-click on the "Safely
remove hardware" icon instead of a left-click, and when I told it to
disconnect the Flex-5000 it informed me that it was going to disconnect
Flex-5000, Flex-5000 audio, and two instances of Flex-5000 MIDI. So if
it's one "connect sound" for each *type* of device, that accounts for
the three double-dings I've been hearing when I power up the rig.

I'll have to play with the rig little more before I decide whether the
spontaneous disconnection problem is solved.

73

Alan NV8A