From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Cole
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 4:59 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] 160 preamp

160 Receive Pre-amp - I wish to have the option to switch the receive pre-amp
on on 160 at the moment this is grayed out.

There is a big difference in receiving low signals if the pre-amp is enabled.

The noise floor using 250mtr beverages is -100dbm 2.001khz without the pre-amp.
With the pre-amp enabled this drops to -112dbm.

Very low signals which are totaly unreadable become Q5 and workable - I have
made the same tests on 80m and the results are the same.

Has anyone else experienced this situation? if so is there a fix? how easy is
it to change the software? - Dudley I have also emailed you directly on this
ongoing problem. G3RCQ