My 5000A stopped working last night after working the previous night.
Steve I also have been experiencing the receive lockup a few times
(ssb)and receiver seemed to return after I pushed the PTT again.This
started after I loaded firmware 0.1.1.4  Wed to fix the non operating
with my heil mic PTT from front panel .  Last night I went to start the
radio and after a couple no starts and a reboot the pwrsdr prgrm would
run but the receiver is dead execept for some gross oscillation on the
panadaptor and a buzzing sound in audio. No sigs on any band including
local am broadcast. If I remove antenna, buzzing stops and oscillation
goes away and panadaptor grass level is at bottom of screen. XG2
generator produces no sig and a small amount of oscillating . No rf
power out on xmit. This suckka is dead.
I have also had to leave a message for support today as no one answers
this afternoon also.  Are there that many 5000 's dying ?? Waiting for
service with a dead 5000A and no more ideas. Duffy NA6MM