-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of R.Haighton
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 6:17 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Noisy ATU

I am very impressed with the New 5000A and have made 75 M contacts off shore
and heard many European  stations  on 75 M (around 0200 UTC) however I note
that the ATU is very noisy when hunting for a match and frequently requires
several tries ( using semi-automatic) before making a 1:1  (or better than
3:1) match

What experience do others have?

Also I would like to increase my output power to at least 400W  PEP  what do
others recommend for amplifiers  with or without built in ATUs.

73 Robin Haighton VE3FRH