Thats what I do with the SVN updates. Copy the last version to a separate 
directory,
update in the original directory :-)
73 peter pa0pvn
 
 
groeten Peter
petervn-at-hetnet-nl  pa0pvn-at-hetnet-nl  pa0pvn-at-amsat-org
only large files:        pa0pvn-at-gmail-com
There are 10 kind of people, those who can count to 1010 on their fingers,
and those who count to 1111111111.
 

________________________________

Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] namens FireBrick
Verzonden: za 17-11-2007 15:19
Aan: FlexRadio List
Onderwerp: [Flexradio] firmware naming suggestion



I 'almost' goofed myself up the last time I dl'ed the firmware upgrade.

Because the name of the firmware we download is the same as the previous
version, I almost overwrote the old version.
Which, if I made a mistake and/or the upgrade did not work, I would have had
difficulty 'reverting'.

I have a folder called Firmware
Inside I have sub folders for each version
Firmware010101
Firmware010102
etc. etc.

and will create a new subfolder for each version in the future.

But I would still like to suggest that instead of the default name:
Current_FLEX5000_Firmware.zip

That this convention be changed to indicate the version number in the file
name.

Or does anyone have a better idea on how I can prevent my usual dumb
mistakes?

(I've posted this as a 'feature request')


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/pipermail/flexradio_flex-radio.biz/attachments/20071117/dd48d1ec/attachment.html
 
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to