Re  "As answered previously by the developers, AA6YQ's code is not
appropriate for N1MM Logger because the "KY" interface does not permit
correcting the unsent buffer. Once a 24 character portion of a message has
been sent to the radio, it cannot be changed. Further, the application must
go into a loop polling the radio to find out when the 24 character chunk has
been sent before sending another 24 characters."

It is true that transceivers supporting the KY command do not currently
permit correcting the unsent buffer, but this could certainly be changed in
the Flex transceivers, and could possibly be changed in the Elecraft K3.

Commander does not "go into a loop polling the radio to find out when the 24
character chunk has been sent before sending another 24 characters". It
maintains a queue of CW characters to be transmitted and draws characters
from this queue on receiving a KY response from the transceiver indicating
that CW buffer space is available. If an incoming KY response indicates that
no CW buffer space is available, Commander sends a KY command querying CW
buffer status. The entire process is event-driven and does not noticeably
affect performance.

Your note did lead me to notice that during a CW buffer full condition,
Commander is querying the transceiver about buffer status more frequently
than necessary given the rate at which CW can be transmitted. I have
corrected this in the next release.

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ

> As developing the code for this is non trivial, I would
> normally be reticent to recommend this change. However, Dave
> Bernstien, AA6YQ, has already generated this algorithm for his
> WW app. Thus there -may- be a possibility of acquiring the
> appropriate algorithm/code.

As answered previously by the developers, AA6YQ's code is not
appropriate for N1MM Logger because the "KY" interface does not
permit correcting the unsent buffer. Once a 24 character portion
of a message has been sent to the radio, it cannot be changed.
Further, the application must go into a loop polling the radio
to find out when the 24 character chunk has been sent before
sending another 24 characters.

Such an interface is inherently not compatible with the operation
of N1MM Logger.

A suitable interface exists in the K1EL WinKey. Anybody who wishes
to support a timing independent interface (PowerDSR, Elecraft, etc.)
should consider adopting the WinKey interface already supported
by N1MM Logger, WriteLog, Win-Test and other leading software.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
Messages | Files | Photos

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format
to Traditional
  a..  15New Members
Visit Your Group
Green Y! Groups