Joel,

Jim Lux has already responded to you, but I will put my 2-cents worth in
anyway.

I added a dual-port AGP video adapter & 2nd monitor to my PC at the time I
got my SDR-1000.  The model adapter I have is a eVGA Geoforce FX-5500, but
it is nearly 2 years old, & may not be available any longer.  However, any
dual-head video adapter should work.  They are readily available at places
like Circuit City, Stables, OfficeMax, Best Buy, etc.  Prices range from $35
to almost $200.  My model was in the middle price range, about $100.
Personally, I would avoid the $35 model.

My adapter uses the NVIDIA chipset and allows several possible
configurations for the 2 monitors:
1. Use only one display (Single)
2. The same on both displays (Clone)
3. As one large horizontal desktop (Horizontal span)
4. As one large vertical desktop (Vertical span)
5. Configured independently from each other (Dualview)

I set mine up to for Dualview (Option 5).  This allows the use of monitors
with different resolutions.  Options 3 & 4 require the 2 monitors to be set
to the same resolution.  If you have different model monitors, this will
force the resolution to be set to that of the lower resolution monitor.
Also, options 3 & 4 can do some weird things to any wallpaper that you may
be using.

http://www.qsl.net/k9dur/shack_photos.htm will take you to a page on my
website that shows a couple pictures of my setup with the dual monitors.
The pictures show PowerSDR running on the right (secondary) monitor, & N1MM
Logger running on the left (main) monitor.  These positions are strictly
personal preference.

In Dualview mode, the Windows taskbar only appears on the "main" monitor, &
your desktop icons are on the main monitor as well, unless you drag them to
the secondary monitor.  Additionally, you can drag any window from one
monitor to the other as your heart desires.

Try it, you'll love it.  

73, Ray, K9DUR




_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to