> If you worked me over the weekend on 160 meters during the contest,
> you worked a SDR-5000.
>
> I spent about ten  hours over the weekend giving the SDR-5000 a good
> CW workout on 160 meters during the ARRL160 CW contest. Worked  875
> QSO's in all states and 44 countries. The radio receiver is
> absolutely exceptional under high congestion conditions. I used 100
> and 250 hz filter mostly.
>
> I had a few transmit glitches. These would occur whenever I let up on
> the CW key. Most were cleared by restarting PowerSDR, however, four
> required a shutdown and restart of the hardware, and one required a
> complete computer reboot. Such failures were very frustrating when I
> was running a pileup. So there are gremlins and bugs in there, NOT
> SURPRISING for a system of software this complex and open source.

Congratulations on your results!

The big issue, IMO, is the youth of the firmware.  Once we get past some
of these, I predict you'll find the rig outstandingly stable.  I'd say 3
to 6 months, based on my own history with both rigs.  It has nothing to do
with open source IME.  We just need a bit more burn-in on the firmware.
That's no surprise, really.

And, I would have been doing the production PowerSDR for a contest, at
least these days I would, but to each his own.

Larry Wo0Z